PLEASE READ: SAFETY ALERT
If you are concerned about internet and browser safety, you have two options:
- Erase your browsing history after visiting this site.
- Use private browsing or "Incognito Mode" to view this site so the visit is not logged in your history.
The procedures to protect your internet visits are slightly different for each browser tool such as Google Firefox, Microsoft, etc, but this article provides instructions on erasing your history and using private browsing for all major internet browsers: (Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge, formerly Internet Explorer).
For browsing in Private with Google: Click Here
For browsing in Private with Firefox: Click Here
For browsing in Private with Safari: Click Here
For browsing In Private with Microsoft Edge: Click Here
To immediately leave our site and redirect to an unrelated site, click the LEAVE NOW Button in the lower-left corner. Please be aware this does not erase your visit even though you are in "Incognito Mode". Once you close the "Incognito Mode" window you are viewing our website within your internet search will be removed.
Test this feature NOW to ensure it works properly.
What AVENUES Stands For:
AVENUES is a domestic violence and sexual assault shelter and outreach program dedicated to serving individuals who have been traumatized by violence in Northeast Missouri.
All services are free, confidential, and include a 24-hour 800# hotline (1-833-AID-NEMO (or 1-833-243-NEMO), safe and secure shelter, court and medical advocacy, crisis intervention, case management, and referrals to related services.
All services to victims shall be implemented so that the safety, needs, and desires of the victim are always the top priority.
Being a victim of domestic and/or sexual violence is...NEVER THE VICTIMS FAULT.
- Strives to improve the physical and emotional and welfare of individuals and their children in Northeast Missouri.
- Is a social change organization that focuses on domestic and sexual violence.
- Provides crisis intervention and support to the needs of individual survivors and significant others.
- Strives to eliminate domestic and sexual violence by addressing the roots of violence which include issues of inequality and oppression between genders, races, and socioeconomic groups.